Original bilge pump, testing rebuilding - 2011

This is when I tested it.
The original bilge pump (Jabsco 36600 Series Bilge Pump 8 gpm) - (Jabsco bilge pump Model 6600) we tested at the boat by running a couple wire to it to see what was with the motor as it was not working. It sparked, the wire connections but did not turn over.
January 2011 - Currently At Marina Cortez Harbor Island, San Diego, CA

 I figured it was not any good and need replacing. We removed the motor from the pump and priced a new motor at Marine Exchange. Up in the $80.00 dollar range.  I was thinking rebuild.  I went to:
Sea Chest Marine
1320 Scott St.
San Diego, Ca. 92106
619-2251339 Fax.619-2251523
 I talked to the owner about the motor and he had a used one for $35.00 and I was ready to pay for it but we kept on yacking. So after a while I explained that I tested it but was wondering why the motor had two black wires instead of a black and red. He said because it did not matter which was which and so he took it and tested it. It works fine. Hmmm.
 So to back track to my testing and what went wrong. Now I remember we tested it in the pump. So the pump must be stuck. Or it does not run on a load. Either way we need to look at the pump. You would think that I would know that by now, to re-test the motor when it was out of the pump. It cost me time and almost money.  
We should have tested the motor here at this time also :)

No comments:

Post a Comment