The next hole is in the cabinet by the settee.
Here we use the handy dandy drill chuck Debbie got me as there is no room for a standard drill.
And yet another hole got drilled by the batteries under the settee.
The settee is where we are storing the 5200 BTU ac unit till it is mounted in the stateroom.
Each set of wires like to be run in separate spaces. The 120 volt wants it's own space, the DC and the instruments do also. This is a sail boat and we do not have that kind of space. We will see if there is any interference in the radar etc and if so shield the wires.
We got the wires run as far as they would go.
Now time for the fun stuff!
Oh ya we got the water in the batteries also :)
- Apparent wind
- True wind
- Wind speed
- Air temperature
We are looking at the Pro Blaster Washdown Pump Model #:
- We do not race.
- We do not have new crew.
Beta Marine West
400 Harbor Dr.
415-332-3507 - Phone
Looks like it will be United Fasteners for the bolt ((619) 232-5111).
Then we worked on the NEMA 2000 network setup for the GMI 10 system. We had tried this the other day but came up confused. The Garmin GMI 10 instruction, and yes sometimes I do read them (but OK not often) said that we should be able to connect to a new network with what was supplied.
The attached plug with the metal is really does not have a cable connected to it it just appears to have in the photo. It would be coming from the mast head wind sensor.
The yellow power cable connected to a T and then the cable from the wind sensor on top of the mast only the cable is not routed yet so only the end that needs attaching to it. Now if the cable from the mast were attached and the power attached to the batteries (switch) then the GMI 10 should work. J
The next step was to clean up the bronze fittings and then tape them for installation. Using denatured Alcohol and a wire brush we cleaned them, then wrapped them with plumbers tape. Then screwed the part in place and tightened the hose bard as it tighten the "T" some as it was getting tightened. Our handy dandy pipe wrench works great for this. Then tightened the "T" which did the pipe from the through hull valve to the "T". Pointed the "T out hole" for the wash down pump in the direction needed and all done with that.
Now with the pieces in place, the strainer and hose barb it was time to fit the hose. The hose needs to be at a slight angel upwards so no air gets trapped. To do this the length had to be right. Also heating the hose and shaping it a bit helped.
Now we can re-install the shower sump and start on the hose to the Mermaid 5200 BTU AC unite from the pump.
It was great that they came by on a bleak rainy, stormy day! Dave and Sam were the sunshine in what was definitely a bleak day! Later in the day after they were gone we ended up watching a couple of weird movies and getting some much needed rest. Ate some good snacks and a pasta dinner too!
Dave and Sam will be going back to Mexico (bus) to get their boat and cruise for a few months before sailing up to San Francisco when the Mexico heat arrives.
We had a bit of time before dinner and the concert at SDSU so the pump got re-installed and we re-installed the sea strainer and then installed the hose fittings. The pipe wrench worked good for this being careful not to over tighten.
The section from the through hull valve to the sea strainer was still in engineering stage. To complicate things as I love to do we want to have this through hull work for a sea water anchor wash down also. To do this we are going to install a “T” and off it have a hose to a valve and then up in my hanging locker will be a sea strainer and a wash down pump. The pumps we have seen for sea water wash down need to be above the water line to make it even more complicated. We wanted to have the same wash down work at the stern also. This will likely not happen. We are now thinking a second sea water wash down pump for the stern and it would serve as a backup pump. But that’s another project.