We are on Facebook

Elegant'sea is on Facebook as a quick way of sending out a photo or message. The details or other photos on the subject may be on the blog. For instance a new or upgraded it will have all the details on the blog but just a photo or blurb on Facebook. Come be our friend!

 Elegant'sea on Facebook


Elegant'sea is on Facebook

June 2014 - Paradise Village Marina in Puerto Vallarta Mexico

OK, we broke down and started a facebook.com/S.V.Elegantsea page so we can post quick messages, at least I think that is what it is for? We have had it going for some months now and it might just be what we're looking for to supplement this blog! 


Lets see how this URL works out and the whole Facebook page works out for a while :)
Longer how-we-did-it posts will be on the blog.

Debbie in he lazerett one again -solar work - wire\cable size

Middle of July - Paradise Village Marina in Banderas Bay Mexico

 Once again Debbie's in the Lazerett. It is not even 7:30 AM yet and she is at work! Well it is cooler ta this time of day :)
 Debbie had to look at the solar panel wires to find the size so we can order solderless terminal ends. We need these for the new Blue Seas blade fuse panel we will be installing. We will remove the Blue seas buss that is currently there. hen we can control which panels we want to use by removing fuses. For instance now we get too much sun and could cook the batteries so we are using the battery charger instead of the solar to charge the batteries. We are on shore power at the dock.

Our solar panel cables are 50 om 09-12 10 awg 
Our solar controller (Blue Skyen Energy inc Solar Boost 3024iL DUO) cables are 4 awg

We currently have a Blue Seas Systems:
Taken while we were installing it.
DualBus Plus 150A BusBar - 1/4"-20 Stud 5 Gang
PN 2722

Replacing with a Blue Seas Systems:

ST Blade Fuse Block - 12 Circuits with Negative Bus and Cover
PN 5026
 We had one of these in our extra gear so it is especially nice :)

Re-positioing the dinghy davits

Beginning of July 2014 - Paradise Village Marina in Banderas Bay Mexico

We removed the davits and marked them up to where we want them.

 That is as far up as the outboard motor lift and the bimini will allow. We use the stern steps all the time while at anchor and want to dingy to clear them. I do not understand it when people have said they do not use the steps because of choppy water? We have used them in all kinds of nasty weather while at anchor and have never had a problem. Even in weather we have questioned going out to the boat in the dinghy in the first place :)

Removed...nice view!

Older picture of our spare Mercury 4 hp two stroke outboard and our Garhauer Marine outboard motor lift (Lifting Davit).

Varnishing while house sitting - Finished!

8/02/2014 - Paradise Village Marina in Banderas Bay Mexico
We are in Bucerias house sitting.

Before, the shine you see is the stairs trim.




The cutting board we just did the part that shows as we use this and the varnish would get cut up and hold germs etc.

Now to do the and fiddles.




Before doing any varnishing on the settee.


Air Breeze - inside - field repair?

July 2014- Paradise Village Marina in Banderas Bay Mexico

We somewhat dismantled our Air Breeze wind generator. Our thoughts were to fix it.
It has the "spin up spin down" syndrome. We were thinking of replacing the "Control Board".
 Our  Air Breeze flunked test 1 and test 2 so we decided to skip test 3 and call for support.

"Control Board" online for $240.00 USD Found it at eMarineinc.
Of course this would need be shipped to some place in the US and picked up there and brought to Mexico or most likely it will never arrive.

 The we could do the in-field-repair and be cranking again. 

 But wait there more! Debbie decided before I tore it all apart to read about it. The Air Breeze is covered by a 3 year warranty. Hmmm. So we called them. I of course opened up my big mouth and insinuated I blew the Control Board by connecting it to our new batteries wrong. They immediately said that void the warranty. Darn, I got to learn not to volunteer information. Here in Mexico that is the rule of thumb, only give what is asked for least you confuse the situation. So now I am trying to back peddle without laying to get it fixed under warranty :(
Debbie is going to the states in August for a bit and this may go with her. We returned it to it's original state.

This has a reverse thread. We used a cut off hex key (cut off Allen head wrench) to get the blade holder off.
That wrench also fits in the drill to do a pin up.

The blade holder is off now.

It all looks clean and nice so no dirt blocking the creation of electricity.

Not much to go wrong so it is probably the Control Board.

Recharging the Mermaid Marine Air

July 2,2014 - Paradise Village Marina in Banderas Bay Mexico

We had Fresco Refrigeration (322 297 1684) come by and re-charge Mermaid Marine Air our 12000 BTU AC unit in the salon. He (Don) did a fine job and it now freezes your out! This was in May 2014. He is listed in the Vallarta Nautica magazine.

Here is how he got to the right amount of R22, there are not many blends of refrigerant  here in Mexico

Water temp & return air temp on chart to find R22 PSI

Was 30 lbs and was charged to 85 lbs.
Water temp 87 and return air was 83 deg.