Epoxy corners of propane locker - 2011

My jeep covered with the epoxy can on top of the windshield, can barely see it.

January 2011 - Currently At Marina Cortez Harbor Island, San Diego, CA


 The epoxy we are using is like the resin for the fiberglass in that it needs to be up around 67 deg or more to use it correctly. Seeing as the weather has been crappy for San Diego, below 60 and the high of 67 during the day I cannot get this stuff done. So, I brought it to work as the afternoon on the boat are taken for repower. I parked on the top level of the garage at work and put the epoxy can on top of my car in the sun to worm up. At lunch I went out after the epoxy was worm and did some work on the propane locker. I think all the woodwork is done so I am now epoxying all the square edges, so they have a radius. We were advised that fiber glassing radiuses is a lot easier than the square corners. We are taking the advice. I got almost one half, OK 1/3 of it epoxied and then ran out of epoxy. So, of well it was a good start. Of course, got some on my sweater that is a decent piece of clothing, well not any more😀 and why did I only bring three gloves? I epoxied one hand also. All in all, did not make too much of a mess. The sun felt good too.
Pretty blue epoxy!
It was recommended to use a quarter to make the radius as it is a good size for fiber glassing. I did and poor Uncle Sam’s quarter!

No comments:

Post a Comment