Cooking tools and such add and removed some - knife blade protectors

 December in San Diego CA 2010
Because Debbie has changed the way she eats and it has now been over a year and she is looking great as usual and is happy with it I have decided to join her. It will be easier for us if we both eat the same way or somewhat the same things. Debbie originally started to change the way she eats for health reasons but has come to like it. Well I should not be putting words in her mouth so I will say that, this is my take on it. Any way because I am now eating a more vegetarian diet we needed to add some cooking tools and remove a couple of cooking tools from the boat.


We removed the meat tenderizer. We never used it in two years any way. Hay that's what we have a pressure cooker for!
We also removed all the wooden tools. There are more wooden tools they are just not all shown here. We decided that they are redundant and are not that sanitary. I just liked the way they looked and felt.


 Also we had a knife set on top of the refer and it was in a wood block . It took up some room. We are now working on the refer so we brought it home but wanted to use the knives. We found some knife holders that will allow us to store them in a drawer and retrieve them without losing a finger.

 So we just ordered:




We decided to remove the cooking tools we used on the outside grill.


They would hang from the grill on the bottom side so as to drip into the sea rather than the boat. Seeing as we are not using it for the winter construction time we took them off the boat.


Here some more of our cooking tools with the wooden ones mixed in.As you can see I like OXO cooking tools.



 Because I liked coffee and Debbie has been drinking tea we were making a batch of each on the weekends. The doctor told me to drink only one cup of coffee a day. Hmm may as well not drink it! So that did not work out. I tried all sorts of short cuts. Like drinking as much as I wanted to. Drinking decaf and drinking half and half and drinking oh hell I just gave up. My bowels were killing me and I had to plan trips by bath rooms. Coffee also makes my heart skip like Debbie makes it skip a beat but that is a good skip.

 So now it is tea time for me. Of course I tried that before too but this time it seems to be working.
 Tea creates a lot of trash. You know tea bags and wrappers and such. So we bought the tea holders and some tea for putting them into the holders. That way we can rinse it down the drain like the coffee grounds. No more trash.

While we were at Bed Bath and Beyond we picked up a bread pan. Last few times we were here they never had one that would fit the boat oven. Wala they had one we grabbed it.
We also picked up a oven thermostat. Because the Force 10 oven has 340 and 370 but no 350 setting, go figure. It must just be those Canadians? 
And as you see a small Wisk and a Oxo Good Grips Dough Blender

Debbie bought some pans for Thanksgiving but they did not show up in time. We used foil instead. Debbie worked her magic and we had great food for Thanksgiving.
These are a cookie sheet and backing pan and a muffin pan non stick that fit our boat oven.
 They also nest.



We also added a SS mixing spoon like this one for mixing batter by hand.

This is one of the bowls we have - I like these because they have a lip and have a rubber bottom so they do not slip and have a pouring spout.
The bigger one we took off the boat as it is just too big for our needs.
We also have I think two smaller ones like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment