Git.Rot

Picked up some Git.Rot at Marine Exchange.
We are going to clean up the area and remove what we can etc as recommended procedure and then use the Git.Rot as it is a penetrating epoxy and they sell it at Marine Exchange (ME).

 I know ME is not a seal of approval. I do feel though that if they sell something it must move off the shelf. They seem to sell to the boat yards and that makes me think it is used in the yards. It was recommended to fix the problem from a long time boat maintenance mechanic who is knowledgeable in the area of boat upkeep and repair.  My thinking is not always there on these things but it makes sense, if there is any sense to be made of this whole boating thing.

 Then we will monitor the area. It is not a large are and is easy to see and gets lots of air so I do not think it will be a problem. It was the process like everything else that was the real question I guess. It seems once the process is understood by me and a plan in place to implement it all the hard part is done. Doing it is not really much of a problem except for the time, money getting there and the new problems that will come up and need solving. Let’s not forget that it will take three times longer than I think it will also.
I will be the crash test dummy on this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment