Engine room shaft nibble prep for glassing -2010

While Debbie was cleaning the bilge, I prepped the shaft for the fiberglass strengthening of the lube hose fitting. 

December 2010 - Currently At Marina Cortez Harbor Island, San Diego, CA 

 The one where the red hose comes off the shaft. It has a brass or bronze pipe which comes straight up and then a fitting is of it where the red hose is connected. We were advised from the FOGgers forum to re-enforce it when we have access, like now.
 Debbie did not want me working on top of here dripping resin on her etc.  (I am not all that neat at times) so I got to doing other things.
 When it came time for me to start glassing on some re-enforcement the resin was too cold. I forgot to heat it up.
 To heat it up you put it in a black trash bag in the sun for about an hour. It needs to be at least 65 deg.
Well I forgot so next time we will finish that project.
At least it is all prepped and ready for re-enforcement.
Perhaps I can get a better shot of the pipe coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment