Stateroom door varnishing- chalengs - 2011

Well we did all the things to make the coat of varnish this time a better success but…
Yes but, it was still a challenge. We swept up the garage and even cleaned in front of it. We moved the door closer to the garage door for better light. 
March 2011 -  - Currently At Marina Cortez Harbor IslandSan Diego, CA

 It was the wind dam it!. Yes got the two doors prepped and the door and Nav panel.  I was working on the work mate out in the light and out side of the garage. Then applied a coat to one drawer and started seeing partials of foam, dust etc landing in the varnish. I was committed to getting a coat on so I just kept going. Figuring the drawers could use a light sanding between the next coat any way I proceeded.
 When it was time to do the door I figured because it was just inside the garage there it would be protected, not. Still it cam out pretty good. Missed a couple small spots and some dust. I even tried closing the door and varnishing the door but it gave me poor light, that is when I probably missed the spots. This was supposed to be the last coat.
 So now we will do all the same and..
Varnish at Dawn patrol. (before we go to work) when there is no wind. Or at Evening glass off (after about 6 pm when the wind dies off). That is surfer speak for early and late when there is no wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment