Windlass Up foot switch

Got the Windlass Up foot switch installed and working. Put some marine silicone under the switch to seal it.


 This location I can put one foot on the switch and brace my leg against the side of the anchor locker and the other foot on deck. I can then wash the chain with the hose as it comes up, leaving one hand free.









Also got the underside of the old switch patched with starboard so I could fill the hole from the top with fiberglass and resin.


Once that is done and the old screw holes are filled with resin and gel coated over I will install the Down foot switch there in that location.


I chose the location for the ability to stand in the anchor locker giving me more stability and also be able to store the 44lb claw anchor in the anchor locker if we wished.

No comments:

Post a Comment