VacuFlush toilet fixed - 2010

We got the VacuFlush toilet working. The first problem I had was the new seals for the toilet to bowl  did not seal. There was a vacuum leak from under bowl to vacuum tank. I had saved the old rubber seals of course so I re-installed them and that was that. It was the new plastic part that was the problem.
August 2010 Currently At Marina Cortez Harbor Island, San Diego, CA 

Installed the new peddle assembly (385310682) it came with a SPRING CARTRIDGE KIT (385310683) and a peddle cover.
Installed the new water valve (385314349) and screws.
Installed a new ball valve assembly (385310681) it also came with a SPRING CARTRIDGE KIT (385310683) and new shaft with seals.
New seal that did not work.
The next problem was a water leak. I had originally installed the toilet with Teflon tape on the compression fitting that goes to the water valve. I tried this time to do away with the Teflon tape because it should not be needed. However I tried I could not stop it from leaking. And that means using all new parts. Only thing I did not try was cutting off the end of the house and starting with a fresh end. I ended up with Teflon tape on the threads again. Not that it matters, I just wanted it to be exactly the way it should be. It never leaked in the year and some months we used it so I guess Teflon tape will work for another whatever.
Our boat plumbing fittings
So, VacuFlush toilet up and running!

No comments:

Post a Comment