VacuFlush toilet 101 school - 2010

It has been toilet 101 school since vacation (a week ago) when the toilet broke. It worked great for a year and a few months but of course broke on our weeks baycation. 

August 2010 - Currently At Marina Cortez Harbor Island, San Diego, CA 

So I took it al apart to see what makes it tick. I bought a few new parts. I did not have any back up parts as recommended. I figured that we are so close to the chandleries that I could just go get them if needed and the money was better spent where I could put it to work. Guess I called it wrong there. Or at least should have picked some spares up when we went on baycation in the boat.
So I got a new pup and a new ball valve and put the toilet back together and it broke again. The pedal is stripped where it turns the ball valve.
Where it stripped out the peddle.
I ordered a new peddle.
The spring on the water valve moves (rotates) and there is a tab on the other side where you do not see it in the picture that fits into the peddle. It also rotates. The rest of the water valve is bolted in and does not move. This is what fooled me.
Ball seals - old and new
Some of the new parts have been upgraded and do not look exactly the same.
Newer ones have the plastic as one part and a different rubber seal.
The parts are not as expensive as I thought. $25.00 here and $50.00 there sort of thing.
Got most online at eBay and save big time.
I could not for some reason understand how the peddle worked. I could not see any turning parts. I went to toilet school (got help) from the local shop. It was and “Oh I see” sort of thing. Any way where the spring is on the “Water Valve” there is a piece of the water valve that turns.

What happened I think is the two screws that hold the “Flush Peddle kit” together came a little lose and then the peddle slipped. It did this a few times before I tried to fix it. I think it was too late by then as it was damaged (the peddle).  The reason the peddle stripped also could be the shaft from the ball valve that fits into the water valve could have slipped out part way when the ball vale became damaged.

It is fairly simple now that I understand it.
The "Water Valve Kit" is the same on all models. Also you can use Vaseline to lubricate the ball on top.
Any way now I know and can fix it anywhere, any time when I get it fixed :).
I am waiting on parts now from LA. Had to order the peddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment