Kit it or build it?

We do have "Refrigeration for Pleasureboaters" a supposedly must have book and he says closed cell foam of some type I can not find. Pg 11 "Urathane foam" in sheets. It does come in a two part liquid but I do not want to mess with that.


Refrigeration for Pleasureboaters
I have been going around and around about the insulation. Seems www.rparts.com thinks the HD type would be OK as some dock mates have used it with good success at my marina when building refer boxes.


We still have not decided if I want to build the unite from rparts or buy it from Fridgeboat or Adler/Barbour ColdMachine or Seafrost or whatever. They all are good and well which option?


Fridgeboat got the best write up in Pratical Sailor but they said all are good and there is no bad choice.
They did not eval rparts.


rparts.com


frigoboat.com


seafrost.com


Coldmachine
We would like to have a skill to barter\trade with to cruise and refrigeration I think I would like. So building it myself seems the way to go. You really do not save any money, but you have all the knowledge to fix refers\AC and all the tools.


Debbie can sew and we do have a good canvas sewing machine.


It is the time factor!


But for now I must first build the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment