Chain locker lighting - 2010

August 2010 - At Marina Cortez Harbor Island, San Diego, CA
So the light I added to the chain locker we had bought from the Chula Vista Marine Swap Meet. I had planned to put LED bulbs in it. The current ones are incandescent bulbs.
I found a whole light fixture at West Marine for less than the LED bulbs would cost(West Marine 8-LED White/Red Dome Light ).
Other advantages are the new fixtures are plastic and somewhat sealed. They have plastic lenses not glass. I already broke one of the glass lenses on one of those lights and it makes a mess.

So I removed the light I had installed and decide on a better location also.

The anchor locker needs a light also so I wanted to test this light for brightness before getting another for the anchor locker.

It seems to be plenty bright enough. It has 4 white LEDs and 4 red ones.

The switch has a water tight cover also.

No comments:

Post a Comment