Solar controller and panel questions answerd

 I just got off the phone with Blue Sky and our 3024iL Duo controller will support 540 watts. I kind of knew it would support at least 500 watts as I have been using it for a year or so now and just bought more panels. 
I was not sure though.
 There is going to be more info on this as we set this system up and use the divert power mode.


Blue Sky also said the panels will work fine together. We have two different manufacturers of panels. They said as long as the “Open Circuit Voltage” is within ½ they will work fine together and they are within ½.
Got lucky I guess but this panel is also a recommended replacement for the discontinued Kyocera 85 watt panel.

Kyocera
Open Circuit Voltage (Voc) 22.1


Solartech
Open Circuit Voltage (Voc) 21.9


No comments:

Post a Comment