Deck teak all done with the new Sikkens Cetol

Beginning of July - Paradise Village Marina in Puerto Vallarta Mexico

We finished off the deck hand rails and the eye brows and the cap rail. All got coats of Sikkens Cetol.

The hand rails we had to strip and start from bare teak wood. They came out great. Sikkens Cetol Gloss.

There is still some clean up left to be done.
 
Next year when we sand hen lightly and add a couple new coats they will really look great. They look nice now but when we did the cap rail and eye brows we lightly sanded them and added some coats of Sikkens Cetol Gloss and they came out even better. Each time you do that with varnish or Sikkens Cetol they get better looking.
 

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh those handrails! Since Islander mounted the handrails right on the non-skid with no flat area around the legs, what a hassle they made it for keeping the varnish out of the nook and crannies! I thought I had masked it off good, but when I pulled the tape my heart sank. Who ever did the varnish on our boat before we owned it did a terrible cleaning up the varnish in the non-skid, but I didn't notice how bad until I did the varnish on the handrail and cleaned up my mess. I got my mess off good, but trying to get their old, hard varnish out was a real pain. Monday I'm down to the boat again to work on the port eyebrows and handrails, but now I know what to really expect. I set up tarps over the area I did to work in the shade, and I'll tell you that's the way to go!

    Don

    ReplyDelete