New 1/2" through hull for Mermaid Marine Air 12000 BTU HVAC - 2013

 First thing we did at the marina was run a bottle of propane over in the dinghy to get filled and then we stopped and visited s\v Pied-a-Mer IIl with Pam and Eric onboard so I could return a book.


March 2013 – Sitting in the Marina Puerto de la Navidad(Barra Marina)  - Barra

Next we put in the ½ through hull(TH) for the Mermaid Marine Air 12000 HVAC unit. Hay it was nice to have a slip to lay on instead of a bouncing dinghy. Debbie did the 3MMarine Adhesive Sealant 5200 and had to hold the TH so I could tighten it. It was real hot laying out on the cement though.
Oops, wrong spot!
I did mess up and measured wrong. You know measure three times and still drill it wrong. That’s me. I drilled the hole 5” aft of the TH we were using as a spot instead of 5” forward. Luckily it was the pilot hole. I even had Debbie check my work and she didn't catch it either.  Oh well...Debbie filled it with some 3M4000 UV Marine Adhesive  and we will epoxy it and gel coat it over this Summer.
The new hole and it is 1/2 inch.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment