Benchmark Custom Welding for Kato Marine davit Shorting - done - 2011

Went to Benchmark Custom Welding and picked up the dingy davits last week. 
Note:
 They have since moved and this area has been redeveloped.

May 2011 - Currently At Marina Cortez Harbor IslandSan Diego, CA

My Jeep Wrangler hood and in front is the old yard where Benchmark Custom Welding was located.
 Old ends to our .Kato Marine Island Davits.
Old ends cut off.
They needed new ends as the other ends were cracked from wear.
 Kato Marine warned they may be. So Benchmark Custom Welding put new ends on the davits. They were less than what I would have paid for them at Kato Marine. He started to weld on one end and noticed the welding was coming out poor. Then he decided the ends were shot. He called me and we decide on the new ends, kind of a no brainier decision. He then welded them up and called to tell me they were ready.
 I picked them on Friday just before closing. 
T hen I noticed they were not the same length! One is about a ¼ shorter than the other. Now I have posted on the blog the welding instructions from Kato Marine and they are straight forward and simple. Even mark at Benchmark said it was a simple job. So he must of thought it was no big deal. I guess if they go on OK and it is not noticeable then OK no big deal.
 His pricing is good and they were ready when he said they would be.
It was $130.00 for the original welding.
$50.00 for the ends
Only $10.00 for the re-work of the one end.
Bottom line is he does nice welding and his pricing seems good.

No comments:

Post a Comment