The windlass moved!

While doing our second anchor test the windlass moved. Yep, that’s right it moved. At the end of bringing up the anchor the anchor was snug on the bow roller and I saw the windlass (the back of it) lift up a little bit. The strain from trying to pull up the anchor that would not move, could not move any further, lifted the windlass. Not much but none the less it moved. That is definitely not a good thing!

It is my fault too. I did not use fender washers, instead I used the washers they (Lemar) sent with the windlass. I will be replacing the back tow washers with fender washers before we go on vacation (next week). That will be before we use it again. The after vacation I will replace the front tow. They are a little more involved but they are not in danger of lifting as the strain is on the back of the windlass.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment