Deck bleach, wash

We have been using FSR to remove rust stains from the deck.


I will throw myself under and let the bus run over me here -
When sizing up the anchor windlass it was important to get the gypsy sized to the chain. So I cut a couple feet off the chain. I did this while on the boat. As I found out a big no, no. What I did not realize was the sparks or filings went all over the bow. It was winter and it then rained on and off for a week or two. When I next looked closely at the deck it had rust spots all over from the chain filings. I tried everything I could think of to remove the stains. Then I found the FSR. It works great...only bleaches the fiberglass.

Well OK then it , the fiberglass needed it so why not.

At one time the fuel dock we over-flowed the diesel and it stained the deck. Same thing tried everything but no luck.



The arrow shows the washed side.
 


In this picture you can see the fiber glass white and the fuel stain.




Our decks are not painted so you would need to take that into consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment