LED dome lights , galley, stateroom hanging locker etc - 2010

August 2010 - At Marina Cortez Harbor Island, San Diego, CA
Looks like they are finally coming down in price!


Galley Lights:

We upgraded the lights over the stove many months ago to LED bulbs.

While these I think are white and not the reading type of white they look so much like the old light coming from the dome lights that I can not tell any more, even then.

 They work great for over the stove. They were more than replacing the whole light with the new WM dome lights though. I am not sure of the foot print but I am happy enough to leave the old lamps there with the new LED bulbs. No red option though. If that becomes an issue then we will replace them.

Florescent lights:

Now the darn florescent lights that we have in the salon and satee are the ones I would like to find replacements for. They are slim and may produce headliner satins or hole when removed.

General dome lights:

Well I found this dome light at West Marine for $20.00. It is less than converting some lights to LED that I bought at the Chula Vista Marine Swap Meet. They seem to be water resistant also. I plan on mounting one in the head in the cabinet where we have the holding tank gauge for reading it at night.
8-LED (4-White, 4-Red) Dome Light, WHITE/OFF/RED Switch Positions

Also swap out the light with the conventional bulb that I placed in the chain locker and planed on changing to a white and a red LED . This is less money and a lot easier.


They are not a warm light, they are made to see things.

There is also a slightly bigger version I plan on placing in the anchor locker.
Great also for when you want a switch and do not want the extra work and wiring for a seperate switch.
West Marine also has a worm dome lights that I plan on placing one in my hanging locker and replacing the dome light we have in Debbie’s hanging locker. Hers also comes on automatically if you open the louvered door, she likes that.
They are just $20.00 also and so are less than replacing the white and red bulbs in the old dome light.

No comments:

Post a Comment