Bow anchor test 2 - 071710

We did another test anchor. In the mean time, I brought back the SS snubber with the SS shelves and eye splices for them to fix it. They whipped the splices. I then put SS wire around the shackle pins to keep them in place.


http://www.animatedknots.com/


Instead of using it however I wanted to try the Prusik triple sliding hitch. I screwed it up but it still worked.



The chain had another wrap on it before I took the picture so there was three wraps where there only shows two in the picture..




I tied it wrong.


I mean I thought that was how I tied it but it did not come out like that.




It did come off the chain OK though. One mistake I made was I just dropped the needs of the line over the side and pulled them up with the chain. It was not a good idea as they were chaffed by the chain on the anchor rollers. Not bad but I had to tug a bit to get the line free from the chain on the rollers.


After a while I went below and took a nap. While laying there I could hear the chafe going. Every time there was a puff of wind the line would groan on the cleats.








I later took up the slack on the chain to keep it off the line but could not completely keep it off from chaffing. If the proper knot were tied maybe I could.




Next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment