Used accumulator tank

Saturday at the Marine Swap Meet in Chula Vista I saw an Accumulator tank and thought well what the hell. It was $5.00 so it would be worth the gamble. Besides it is shiny and nice looking :). I asked the girl if it worked when they removed it and she said she did not know anything about it. I bought it none the less. Five bucks what the heck. Ours is going or is gone out. Of course then I had buyer’s remorse as why would I buy a used one when we are going cruising? Any way now researching it I may have gotten a steal on it. Kind like the macerator pump from Vacu Flush we got at the swap meet for $20.00 that goes for over $300.00.
If it can be rebuilt or works the I can be fine with it.

My question is how do they get these things. The macerator pump had cut off wires and cut off hoses. Now who would steal a used shit pump for a boat and then sell it for only $20.00. I can just imagine the fluids coming out of the hoses when they were cut and the smell etc.

Any way I found out that this Accumulator tank is sold by Surflow the same manufacture that makes our new 5.3 gal a min fresh water pump! And it comes as aq kit. I did not even know the sold it! At the time we bought our pump our accumulator tank was working so we did not need one.

So now to find out if the bladder is any good in the tank and how much air to pump in.


Our old tank is still instaleed and kind working but kind not.

No comments:

Post a Comment