I had to cut around the edges of the bronze pulls several times before I could free them up and pry them out. This one was the same. The ones we fixed we just screwed back in with no adhesive and they have worked fine for quite a while now.
Kind of messy coming out. I did nick the deck a couple times with the razor knife but it will varnish away.
We will be going to the states soon for part of the summer so we will pick up the right ones then. For now, we cleaned up the area and put the old one back in and taped over it because it is kind of tore up now. This protects the deck from having a hole and possibly damaging the edges around the hole with no hatch pull it it.