We were going to sail down to Santiago by Manzanillo. We had planned on going this Tuesday the 19th of February 2013. We talked about it but Debbie has had a cold and the grib files show six foot seas and 15 plus knot winds. We decided to blow it off. I am not sure if we will go there at all now. We waited here for our water maker part as the rep was around here and the part was coming here. Santiago is 5-7 hour sail (24 nm) and of course we do not have an autopilot now so 5-7 on the way back also.
Here is a good place for weather for Santiago at Stans - www.weather.solmatesantiago.com/
We will re-look at th idea of sail to Santiago later in the week.
Or, next cruising season we plan on getting a jump on it as we will be in PV and not need to do the 1000+ nm trip to PV before we even get started. We plan on going to Acapulco and Zihuatanejo for Sail festival. When we do that we can stop at Santiago on the way. Santiago is an anchorage next to Manzanillo. Manzanillo is a big shipping port and we do not want to be by a shipping port with all the container ships etc.