Door latch in the head

We are installing a door latch in the head.
Because the Vacuflush toilet is a household size bowl it sticks out further than the original toilet. This means the door does not reach the original latch. For a temperary measure I took a piece of hand rail and put the old original clip on it and put it where the old clip was on the stoop.

For a final solution we installed an adjustable latching door stop. One reason is the head door had a sign on it by the PO and when we removed it there was wood stains that will never come out. We are going to put a port hole mirror over the stains once we get the door varnishing finished (almost done). We have noticed that when sailing sometimes the head door slams shut. Rather than adjust the door holder and I do not think it would hold the door with the mirror on it any way we are installing this door stop.

So I got this from Newfound metals and it works so far so good. I need to move it. You know the fill and drill exercise.

We have since removed it and done the fill. I will next do some more fill and then sand and paint and then re-install. Dam I should have read the instructions first! But how hard could installing a simple door stop be? Evidently too hard for me to do it right the first time. I had to call NFM to get help. Any way it is a solution some one may need to a problem they have not yet created like me.

In the photos you see it installed over the old holes and the holes for the temp one I used.

When I finish the job right I will post new pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment