Varnishing the nav station mostly complete - satin

End of September 2015 - At private slip in Nuevo Vallarta in Banderas Bay, Mexico

We have sanded and scrapped and washed etc to get this ready for varnish. After 37 years of use it had some warts but it is looking good now. Debbie took over the taping as I was fading. 

Here there was a fire extinwisher. We put it in the cabinet hee. But there were three holes from the mount. This is the bottom hole.

Top two holes. We drilled in some to get the teak plugs to seat. We had to be careful as we did not want to drill through. Then we cut the rest of the teak plugs off with a chisel. It came out good. Our chisel needs sharping as it has some dings which show up in the plugs. Some sanding and all is good.

Ready to varnish!

First diluted coat of satin on!





2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for writing such a good article, I stumbled onto your blog and read a few post. I like your style of writing...
    Tobacco Machinery

    ReplyDelete