Blue Seas WeatherDeck™ Waterproof 6 position Fuse Panel lights

 The Blue Seas WeatherDeck™ Waterproof 6 position Fuse Panel was not showing a green led light on the second switch we wired up.

 The LED lights on the switches are supposed to be lit red when not on and blank if the fuse is burnt out. Green if turned on (behind the label you put on).

 I called Blue Seas support for help. 

New Blue Seas WeatherDeck™ Waterproof 6 position Fuse Panel.

Blue Seas decide it must be the circuit board and sent us a new one  We checked it out and wired it up. The new WeatherDeck™ Waterproof 6 position Fuse Panel  worked perfect. As we were getting ready to remove the original one I noticed the wires on one switch were wrong.


How the wiring should be.

 OK I messed up. I inadvertently put one of the switch wires onto another switch doubling that switch up. This caused the LED lights to not work properly.


Wires move from one switch to another by my finger.


 So switching to wires back to the correct position made the panel work correctly, what a surprise J.
Now in my defense the panel side I messed up on was a bit hard to see so I did not notice the double wiring I did.

 I called Blue Seas support. I told them it was my fault and wanted to know if they wanted us to ship the  new  WeatherDeck™ Waterproof 6 position Fuse Panel back hoping they would say keep the Weather Deck panel as it is not worth the shipping and re-stocking etc. Then we could sell it for something we wanted like a new 600 amp buss from Blue Seas. They did say what I wanted them to, but with a curve ball. They said we should keep it but donate it to a local boating organization. Dam! So looks like we need to contact the Sea Scouts or some other community boating org or even save it for a Mexico type of Sea Scouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment