HVAC (AC) work halted for recovery time - 2012

We got some more AC supplies for the Mermaid Marine Air 5200 BTU ac\heat unit for the stateroom.
We need to send back the two plastic parts as they will not work.

July 2012 - Currently At Marina Cortez Harbor IslandSan Diego, CA

We got our teak supply grate for the dorad chamber and the plastic vents for the head and other forward hanging locker etc.

Two white supply grates for the head.
We also picked up a few pieces from A to Z Marine of San Diego. The prices are higher and the sales tax applies but we do get to touch and see the parts.

Also we picked up 25' of 10/3 wire at Marine Exchange  for the run from the nav station inverter side of the AC to the breaker that will be installed in the hanging locker for the 5200 BTU ac unit.

Debbie picked up a 4” hole saw and borrowed a Saws All from her work. 
It was going to be an AC weekend of work.
 First thing was the backing plate for the teak grate was not going to work. We will need to send it back and just go buy one at the A to Z chandlery down the road. But they are closed on the weekend so that will have to wait.

I do not want to be on the can sweating so the two supply grates should keep the head cool.
One white one goes by the counter top and the other white grill under the drawers (1978 Freeport) in the head. The hoses will be going through the hanging locker. The brown one will go on top of the forward hanging locker. Four supply grills in total.

 We decide on the exact locations for the head and forward hanging locker plastic supply grills so we readied the whole saw.

As I was holding it in hand an awful yank and an awful crank an my hand was meat! Yea I hit the trigger on the drill as I was holding onto the brand new saw blade.
  • I was just not thinking, you know safety third.
  • The good part was the saw blade was new so there was not any fiber glass or other debris on it.
  • The bad new was the saw blade was new and very sharp so it cut me up nice and deep in a couple spots.
  • Debbie patched me up real fine and with a couple Tylenol I went back at it.
It is supposed to go here😀
Then as I started to drill the first hole from the top of the hanging locker the drill bit broke off in the hole saw.

Totally my fault as I was holding the drill a bit crooked for lack of room. 

I did not want to come up from the bottom because we did not want to splinter the Oak wood in the top as the blade broke through.
 In broken drill hind sight I should have tried the angle\offset drill chuck Debbie had gotten me.
We tried replacing the drill bit in the hole saw arbor but the screw is frozen in. Without a good vice and sometime to spend on removing it this set screw is not coming out. Maybe time for a new arbor.
We declared it a no-AC day as it seems to be the sign we were getting. Later we went to the movies to avoid further injury😊

No comments:

Post a Comment