Solar panel wires cam cleat work - 2011

November 2011 - Marina Kona Kai Shelter Island San Diego, CA
Debbie's spray bottle she so kindly lent me use - and I did not destroy it!

 OK first time I think that I have drilled through a large piece of rubber successfully. The trick as they said was to use plenty of water. Even still it was hard to hold in place. It was necessary to hold it in place so you do not get hurt with the drill bit.
 It may need to be trimmed a bit with a knife. Let’s see how it works with the solar panel wires. It is all kind of a guess for size etc. The thing is made for an antenna but it will work good here for the wires. We can also finish it off with some black silicone if needed to keep any water out of the boat.
Then as per instruction, yes I actually read them this time, I cut the rubber donut with a box knife so it could wrap around the wires. We could have probably 

No comments:

Post a Comment