New cans

And it continues, trying to keep the varnich fresh. It gets a puck on top when sitting in the can and so I have tried suran wrap over it as sugested. It works to a point but it gets messy. I have tried to just move it then dish out a little bit of varnish into a cup and then add another piece of suran wrap over that piece. That kind works.  I dish it out with the wood paint starrer.


What I would like is some 1/4 pint cans I think they are half the size of the ones I got.

I went to Vista paint and got some pint cans. I wthen filterd the varnish I had left into that can. The vatnish was getting a lot of hard pieces in it from the cover. It was requiring me to sand a lot between coats. It needed filtering a lot.

I am now filtering each time I remove some varnish inot the cup.

I am hoping the smaller cans will help.

Next time I get a qt I will split it in half into the cans I just purchased at VP.

In the interm I will look for even smaller cans.

No comments:

Post a Comment