Bomar stateroom hatch parts to RW Little for marine paint - 2010

August 2010 - At Marina Cortez Harbor Island, San Diego, CA
Monday I cleaned the two hatch pieces. I used a wire brush and a knife.
It takes about an hour or more to do and is a messy job. I did it on the dumpster at work. The bead blasting will bounce of the rubber sealant on the hatch and so that needs to be removed. Plus if you do not want to depend on the workers at the shop then you (I) clean them up best I can before I take to them.

I also masked what I could with blue tape on the hardware. We went round and round to paint or not to paint the hardware. We are glad we chose to paint it.


Now I still need to clean the gasket for the hatch. That I use a wire brush, knife and lacquer thinner.

There are two washers per hatch that we do not piant.
The pins in the picture also do not go to paint, they get replaced.

All the screws that came out of the hatch also get replaced.

I did get some new bolts but I could not find ones exactly like the old ones so I used the old ones as they have a spacer and are a better grade. We just have the ends marine painted.
I dropped the off the two hatch pieces and the hardware at  R.W. Little Co here in San Diego foe bead blasting and  a two part white marine paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment