Refurbished the backstay ICOM SSB antenna connection - 2020

Replaced our old #6-#3 STR Split Bolt which we purchased at Home Depot. Our new one is, I think, a #2 and it fits better. I stripped off some new wire and all is good. October 2020 - We are currently in Paradise Village Marina in Banderas Bay Mexico (by Puerto Vallarta)

Replaced our old #6-#3 STR Split Bolt which we purchased at Home Depot

.
RKS-22,#2 R-2-6, T-2-14,STR copper wire connector is the latest size we purchased and got two to a package here in Puerto Vallarta at Home Depot. and it fits perfectly.

I stripped off a new section of wire to attach to the backstay. The wire could be replaced, I think, but we will test the wire in the future.
Debbie did this back in 2012. I would like to think we have done it since then also but perhaps not?
Not that easy to reach so we do it when we have the bimini off.

No comments:

Post a Comment