New positive plywood installed.for PowerBar 600A BusBar -- 2013

 Well it is raining again today so the boat is closed up. 

September 2013 - Currently in Paradise Village Marina in Banderas Bay Mexico (by Puerto Vallarta
Marine plywood and buss.
  First I found a piece of marine plywood in our wood stash and it was a good size so no need to cut it. That is good because I blew up the extension chord! Yep I plugged it in and then tossed it out onto the dock. The end with the three female connections bounced and then went into the drink. No wait I was smart enough not to lug it in first place. So I let it dry out and then plugged it in, maybe I was in a bit of a hurry and it did not dry out completely, been known to do things like that. When I plugged it in it was OK. So I plugged in the dremel and cut a piece of stainless and while doing that it blew the plug up. Black smoke and soot came flying out and blew the AC to the boat. OK s I let it dry out more. Then I lugged it in and it blew up again this time spewing black soot out onto the dock. I would say it is done.
 A dock mate gave me a female end to put on but it is still not done. So no extension chord to the dock. 
Where it is going. 
 The place the buss needs to go in on the end of the settee. It is 1\4 plywood with veneer on it. Not enough beef for a decent screwing. So we determined the spot for the plywood and the PowerBar 600A BusBar. 
 Mockup and it will be straight 😊
Then we sanded the area and the plywood with rough sandpaper and then scribed the both areas with a knife to give the 3M Marine Adhesive Sealant 5200 a good place to adhere to.

After drill the holes for the buss and a couple holes for some small short screws to hold the plywood on without going through to the nav station it was ready to be mounted. 
The 3M Marine Adhesive Sealant 5200 is a bit old so I had to cut it open to use it.
  I put 3M Marine Adhesive Sealant 5200 all over the back of the plywood and put it into place. 
I had every intention of keeping it net but again the 3M Marine Adhesive Sealant 5200 won out. The paper towel started to stick to everything and leave 3M Marine Adhesive Sealant 5200 where it landed. The tools also we slinging it around. 
And as usual I gave up and used my hand which is a mighty fine tool!
We had some INTERLUX 333 Brushing Liquid which made cleaning up not too hard. 
The plywood in place with the 3M 5200 and two small screws to hold it in place till the 3M 5200  cures. 
After it cures for say seven days or so we will screw in the PowerBar 600A BusBar and wire it up. No hurry as we are "jubilado" or I pronounce it "evelado" which is retired!
This all took a lot of time so I called it quits about noon. Had lunch, read some and then took a nap. Now here I am writing this blog post.

 And yet one more thing out of boat storage and being put to use! Or four if you count the neg PowerBar 600A BusBar and two cables that go with them!

1 comment:

  1. Not the cleanest job you're done huh. What's the buss going to be for?

    Don

    ReplyDelete