Got the positive buss support in place and painted - 2013

September 2013-- s\v Elegant'sea is currently in Paradise Village Marina in Banderas Bay Mexico (by Puerto Vallarta)
That's just a fuse hanging out as it will get re-located.
The un-painted plywood you see is now painted!

So you would think I would learn by now but no not yet. I figured a half day for this whole project, after all how hard can it be to mount to buses and wire them? I guess way harder than I thought. At least time wise. I spent a good four hours wiring up the negative buss yesterday. Anther half day to get it installed and figure out the positive side installation.
Another half day to install the plywood and paint it out.
So I have 3 half days in this and will need one more half day to get the positive side all wired up. Then a half day to secure all the wires with wire ties ect.
That makes about two and a half days of labor. It may seem like a lot but it just adds up. All on the knees and bent over sweating or OK with the Mermaid Marine Air AC on at times but still.

 Not complaining, just saying how it is but you own a bat so you know all this and now you know your not alone and it is not you it is just the way it is.
  First off the buss got screwed in to make sure all was Ok with this setup. looks fine as it should. Now it is paint time. You say paint? Why paint this as no one will ever see it. Well if the are is clean and one color every wire is easy to spot. Anything out-of-place can be spotted easily. If we had not painted as we went along this are would look like a electrical mad house, trust me. 
 On our Harley we keep it clean and each time we cleaned we checked for loose nuts etc. It pays off. The same is true on the boat. Check for loose nuts on the batteries or buses, wires that may be strained and coming out of the terminal end etc. After some sailing and bouncing around you just never know. Now the old Harley vibrated and bounced around 😀
 While I was at it I painted all the board edges and the plywood we added for the new hatch supports. Our settee hatches are now a lot bigger for easy servicing of the water maker and batteries.
Did some touch up too as you can see 😃
While I had the brown paint out I hit the new depth sunder we installed, the area around it we sanded and messed up. I know Debbie would of liked to do this all but I figured with her getting started on the dinghy chaps project as much of this stuff I can get out of the way the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment