Removing varnish from our headliner with TSP and toothbrush - 2018

 Here is the varnish on the headliner in the Nav Station. It has been there for a while. We discovered that by putting TSP on the varnish area it will loosen and come off. 

April 2018 - Currently in Marina Vallarta, Banderas Bay Mexico (Puerto Vallarta Jalisco)
Currently house sitting in BuceriasPuertoVallarta, Mexico 

 I use TSP to remove teak oil from the headliner where the previous owner (or someone else) had gotten it on when using the teak oil. It collects dirt and was looking a little bad. I keep finding little spots that I have missed. As we varnish we find and remove it but there are still a bunch of areas to varnish. So I was scraping off left over varnish from the edges of the head liner on the piping. Where we tape the headliner in areas where we varnish. I noticed the varnish came off a lot easier if it had TSP on it for a while. So then I tried it directly on a couple spots om the headline not the edge iping. 
Bingo! This worked like a charm! So now a new project for the day 😀

No comments:

Post a Comment