Sail track modified for water drainage

End of December 2016 - Tied up in Marina Mazatlán, Mexico


 The problem we have been having is the rain would pool in the sail track with no way out. At the stern there was not a way for the water in the inside of the track to get to the other side and drain out. The sail track went all the way to the cockpit combing. I think in later years they corrected this. We were build #29.


 The starboard got cut first. We used the Dremmel tool to do this job.
 
We cut a 1\4 inch or so of the sail track off.
 
Needs some cleaning up but you get the idea.

Here is the starboard side with the cut done.
 
 
Giving the cutoff piece a pry out.




 

ouch! Looks bad so we called in the gel-coat guy.
We got him through "L & A's Full Boat Service".


We made a channel or scupper on this side so the water cold drain further.



 
 
It came out ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment