We anchored in Las Hadas, Manzanillo with our rope anchor rode. We decided that we did not want to short scope it to a 5.1 and stay safer at 7.1. To that end we realized at 7.1 we needed to stay outside the preferred area to anchor. As we feel more comfortable with the new rode we will start to go in closer and short scope it some. We always “power set” our anchor and we have never yet dragged and do not want to start that now.
The rode does not seem to need any chafe but we put some "Sumbrella' on it just in case for now. We will use some fire hose type chafe we have later if it proves to need it.
We have 220' tied to the cleat in the anchor locker. That is a little less than 7.1 at our 32' depth.
But a big swing area at about 250'.
- · Anchor rodes complement rope chain gypsies fitted to all Lewmar windlasses
- · Chain is hot-dipped galvanized to minimize corrosion
- · Chain is welded for high strength; calibrated for even pitch
- · Enables 50% moreline in locker than 3-strand rope
- · Hand-sewn whipping guarantees against unraveling
- · Eliminates hockling and kinking
- · Resists stiffening with age