Mermaid 12000 btu HVAC and EasyStart 364 power strip failure - 2019


The idea was to use the power stripe to power a 110v fan by the power strip which was turned on by the Mermaid Marine Air electrical box. This proved to be a bad idea. Some months later the power strip stopped working and so did the salt water (March LC-3CP-MD pump ) the extra fan and the compressor on the HVAC.
December 2019 - Currently in Paradise Village Marina in Banderas Bay Mexico (by Puerto Vallarta)
 So I can understand the power strip failing and the two items plugged into not running but why the compressor on the HVAC?
 
 We did some testing and found all to be working after we removed the powerstrip.
 So now the 12000 HVAC is back to purring like a kitten and needles to say I will not be wiring another power stip into the mix😜
From our blog.
"The power strip was added for the fan. I want the fan to come on with the HVAC unit and shut off with the HVAC unit. To accomplish this, I disconnected the sea water pump and wired in a power strip.  Then, I added a 110 plug to the sea water pump and plugged it into the power strip and now I can also plug in a fan and they will both start and stop with the HVAC unit."

1 comment:

  1. I like that you post the good the bad and the ugly. Glad you got it back running

    ReplyDelete