Did some bilge\engine, cleaning\painting - 2019

 

While evaluating the bilge pumps I decided to give the bilge a good cleaning and do some rust removal and prevention on a couple of places on the Beta. Then a fresh coat of Brightside bilge paint - Interlux. 
December 2019 - Currently in Paradise Village Marina in Banderas Bay Mexico (by Puerto Vallarta)
Our boat is a 1978 Islander Freeport 36' sail boat. We have a Beta Marine 38 hp motor, repowered from a Perkins 4-108 engine.
I did some sanding to clean up some rust on the port aft motor mount and then I put on OSPHO. It turns rust into non-rust. Then I painted it with Rust-Oleum and later I will touch it up with red engine paint. I did this for a few other rust spots.
I had given the bilge a good cleaning with Simple Green the other day.
 
 
 
 
Clean enough to eat off of!
 
 Now off to sail South for the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment