Refer build

After putting in more epoxy last night in the refer I decide that I was over doing it. I am just making this project too hard for myself. There is no need to put epoxy all around the separator panel for instance. It will have another layer of insulation (one inch added) and will get fiberglass laid over it. So I just need to make sure the box is sealed from the outside moisture etc. Meaning plug any holes and move on.

 The holes are plugged. Well not quite, the drain needs epoxying up and I think I will leave the two holes for the previous connection to the cold plate there. We will use them for our evaporator plate.

So what’s next? Well cutting the insulation up to fit in the box, both sides. We think making templates from brown paper or cardboard may be the way to start. This will allow us to make a mockup of the refer and freezer. When we like it we will permanently put the insulation in with say 3M 5200. Then we will fiberglass over it all. The inside of the top still needs to be worked out also.
The epoxy we are using

No comments:

Post a Comment