Engine zinc

Beginning of April 2016 - Anchored in Barra-Bahia de Navidad lagoon, Mexico

We have been anchored out now in various places on the Mexican Riviera for over four months now.

We picked up the zincs from the Las Hadas chandlery.

While Debbie was doing scupper hose work in the lazerett, I was preparing some engine zincs we purchased at the Las Hadas chandlery.



 First I gave some of the plugs a bath in acid (Acido Muriatex by Alamo) to clean out the old zinc so we could screw in the new one.


First I cut what I could off with a hack saw. No vice on board or work bench 
so a flip flop will do at anchor. 



Then it came time to cut the rest off with the Dremmel tool.


Cooling for more cutting...


Wala! all done!

No comments:

Post a Comment