IMSS again for hi-\back plus.X rays etc - 2013

12\20\2013 Anchored in La Cruz , Mexico

 Debbie and I went to Home Depot and then Starbucks in the Liverpool mall in Puerto Vallarta (PV).

Santa's workshop was below us and between the mall music and Starbucks, it was almost (or it was) too much to bear. Also it was rather warm there in Starbucks. The roof there is made of sail-type material as a design and the sun beats through with the AC not keeping it cool enough in that area. Starbucks WiFi was less than we expected so we left.

 We drove (yes still have the car) over to Mezcales  which is on the way to PV and where the IMSS clinic is. My nutritionist appointment was at 2:00PM. He said I was doing good and lost five kilos which is about 11 lbs. He gave us a new weekly menu all in Spanish and all again in local foods. Debbie went to the trouble of translating the entire week of menu from last time and we did not expect a new menu. She has got it down now so it should be easier this time. (By the way, I got a Spanish language program for a cruiser and converted it to MP3 and put it on my MP3 player so I can try to learn some Spanish. We also got a copy of Rosetta Stone with Spanish and it is on our PC but we have not started it yet.)

So then it was off to the X-ray dept. in the same clinic. I had an apt. for 3:30PM. That took a while but it got done. Then we crashed the doctor's office at the clinic to see if we could see him. They shot us down but sent us to another office at the clinic where they sent us to another office where the doctor was and we got in after a wait. Antoinetta (our translator and friend) met us. Well, she met us at the x-ray appt.  She is our friend now, is a local and a language expert.

 The doc said I was doing good weight wise but needed to lose some more. We think he was happy that we were following "doctors' orders". He gave me more meds and referred me to an orthopedist at the IMSS clinic. We call for an apt on the 2nd of January.

So there you have it. As the hip turns!

Now we are discussing our next plan, where we can safely cruise. We really liked Chacala Mexico and it is only a day sail north around the point of Punta DeMita  which is not known to be like going south around Cabo Corientes which can be like Point Conception in the States so it should be a nice sail. We could stay there a few weeks at anchor and our friends Pam and Eric on s\v Pied-a-Mer III are going also about the same time, possibly!
The question is, how far and under what conditions can we sail safely in my condition. Seeing as we can never count on the conditions it is how far and where can we sail safely with my hip? We are still deciding.

We also got an offer to house sit the beginning of summer for a few weeks which we are seriously considering.
The paddle board has gotten some more use and falling off into 85 deg plus water is no big deal.

I did spend a couple hours cleaning the bottom of the boat the other day. It seemed to help my hip. There are a lot of small critters living on the boat bottom and I disturbed their habitat. One got in my ear and was a bugger to get out. (A small crab it was). Next time it is ear plugs for me!

We still have not finished the copy for the "BanderasBay Splash" and the "Banderas Bay Blast " but will post them on the blog soon with the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment