8 plat Lewmar anchor chain to rode spliced at Nuevo Vallarta - 2013

December 2013 - Nuevo Vallarta Marina in Banderas Bay Mexico
The Lewmar 8 plat anchor rode to chain splice is basically a back splice. First you tie a crown not on the chain and then start the back splice.
At the end you cut the tailings off in staggered fashion to make it easier to pass through the windless gypsy.

Now that is what I say but I have been known to be wrong just once in a while so I would not attempt this at home unless you are sure this is how it really is 😊
Carlos from Lake Chapala area (near Guadalajara) but makes PV his home now. 
And the bad boy (splice) got whipped.
We or I wanted to make sure this was correct so we hired Calos to do the splice. I have done a few of them some years ago and just wanted to makes sure this was going to work so it was worth the 350 pesos which is about $30.00 USD.
Splicing I did on the brush teather. A eye and back splice. The back splice being the chain to anchor rode splice kind of or is but for the tapered ends.
Another back splice I did on the fender lines, not such a good idea on the lines for the boat fenders but it looks cool.
Rode and chain all laid out and re-marked and spliced.
Now we can stern anchor easier and where we will be anchoring we will need a stern anchor or it is a good bet we will need to plenty this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment