New Sticker and Bungees to the Starboard Atlas Extra paddle board - 2020

Debbie and I added the red sticker and some bungee chord to our used Starboard 2017 Atlas EXTRA Starlite 12’0″ x 36″ that we had purchased this summer. The board had been repaired and then partly painted which left it a bit plain. 
December 2020 Anchored in Tenacatita Mexico

 
Debbie cleaning the surface with vinegar and water.
Adam at "Surf Mexico" gave us three logo stickers. He said in case you need them. I thought what would I need three for? Well, we did😁
Originally new, the bow of the board looked like this.
We wanted to cover this spot also. 
The logo is usually crooked and maybe not all there. It is of a crazy guy.
So we tried to not get it straight.
The first sticker I ripped trying to get it on. I tore it off.
The next sticker we tried cutting off the excess paper. I still ripped it and tore it off.
The last one we used soapy water in a spray bottle and wet the board. Keeping it wet I got the sticker down with Debbie's help and it seems to have come out good! Starting at the "head" instead of the "feet" also made a big difference!
Getting all (most) of the air bubbles out.
We were able to save two heads from the other two stickers. I may put one on the bottom of the board😜
Next came the bungee chord.
I wanted to have it for, say, a trash run to the beach. I could put the trash under the bungee or some flip flops and not need to put it in the back pack. If I should fall in I would not need to swim after bags of trash😅
Debbie crimping off the bungee chord. We have these handy pliers and little stainless steel clips we got at Downwind Marine years ago which come in handy.

All done!
So while it was sticker time, I cut up some we got at "Northswell Surf Shop" in Barra de Navidad Mexico and put them on our good kayak paddles.

No comments:

Post a Comment