Paddle boarding better as time goes by - 2014

January 2014 - s\v Elegant'sea is currently in La Cruz anchorage in Banderas Bay Mexico (across the bay from Puerto Vallarta)
 OK getting better! My goal was to paddle to the break water fairly nearby.  
The first time I tried I made it to about S\V Cyclades and fell off. Then went a little further but a guy was fishing off the end of the break water so I turned and went back to the boat. 
Today however I not only made it to the break water,
On the way paddling to the jetty I nearly hit a skate with my paddle. Did not want to make it mad or fall off the paddleboard on top of it J There are a lot of sting rays here lately jumping out of the water what seems like ten feet high and at least that far and landing on their belly with a loud flop! We are definitely sharing the planet and with all the sea life here it is a constant reminder!

 I went in and all the way to shore - then just walked to the end of the board and onto the beach, real cool looking I must say. Then I walked around to the beach side of the break water and surf-paddled the board out 20 yards or so then jumped up and paddled to the boat. 
My hair was still dry! The board surf-paddles nice so I think if I want I could just lay on the board and paddle into a wave.


Just now as I was writing this at anchor there was a pounding under the boat. We ran topsides to see the water being splashed about and some large fish. Looked like an eat or get eaten battle was taking place and then as quick it was quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment