CPAP machine and gear in stateroom - 2024

Haven't talked much about my CPAP machine on the boat. Currently I have a ResMed AirSense™ 11 AutoSet™ CPAP Machine. I turned off the AutoSet because I was getting RainOut (water in the hose) in the tube and mask. I use the settings #4 humidity level and 82deg for hose temperature. 
August 2024 - Chip & Debbie - Currently in Marina Costa Baja in La Paz, Mexico (Currently housesitting in San Diego, SoCal)

This is how we installed the electricity for the CPAP machine, also we have 110 volt for the dock and DC for when we are at anchor.   When the house batteries are in good shape, we can run the CPAP machine all night with the humidifier running also no problem. If not, then we disconnect the dehumidifier and turn off the heater for the night. Most all the time we can run the humidifier though on DC at anchor without a problem. I think we have 420-amp hours on four 6 volt beep cell batteries. 


Contour CPAPMax 2-in-1 Cooling Plush CPAP Comfort Pillow - Reduce Air Leaks, Hose Tangles, Mask Discomfort & Adjust Thickness, for Side, Stomach, Back...

HOMCA CPAP Pillow for Side Sleeping, CPAP Nasal Pillows for All CPAP Masks Users to Reduce Air Leaks & Masks Pressure, Neck Support Pillows for Sleeping for Neck Pain Relief
Heated hose.
I use these

 We have one of these hose holders under our mattress on the boat. We also have the Froli bed spring system.
Our 1978 Islander Freeport B plan has a cabinet over the head of the bed, pullman birth. That is where I keep the CPAP machine. It is a ResMed machine. I at one point had a Philips machine which did not fit there but it got recalled and the VA gave me a ResMed again. I close the cabinet door most of the way letting the hose drop down.

No comments:

Post a Comment