TW Holding Tank Discharge Pump(macerator) shelf built - 2011

August 2011 - At Marina Cortez Harbor Island, San Diego, CA
 It does not take long to do the job when all the tools are laid out and the job is well thought out.
That includes the work mate which I loaded into my Jeep and locked to keep people honest.
 
 I made a template of all the holes to drill and the layout and the areas to be cut the other day.
This is the shelf that will hold the TW Holding Tank Discharge Pump(macerator) in the area under the bed.

Debbie had gotten the galvanized “L” brackets from Grangers the other day so it was time to do this.
I tried to get all the bolts, screws etc at Home Depot but they did not have large enough SS fasteners. It took a trip to Marine Exchange to get all the fasteners for this job. The "L" brackets came with fasteners that I think will work so that is cool.

A while back I discovered we had electricity in our parking garage at work. My mind went WORKSHOP!!!
 My guess it is for an electric car but who can afford one of those?

We lined up all the tools etc and I brought them into work and hid them in our building because there was no place in my Jeep to leave them safe.
Nice and cool also in the shade and a 110 power outlet!
 We used the piece of marine plywood ½ that we used for the stern bracket template.

So I brought the needed tools and made the shelf here in 20 min on my lunch half hour. Easy as the apprentice (me) set it all up beforehand like I said.
Only bummer is I got my Jeep sawdusted!
 Now it is ready to paint and then join it’s brothers by the holding tank. You know the 3” hole that’s got to get drilled into the holding tank we are using and the pipe that needs installing into the tank, then the hoses etc and lets not forget it’s buddy the new through hole and valve that’s waiting for it (the shelf & TW Holding Tank Discharge Pump(macerator)) to join it 😀

 Now what to build at work in this cool workshop???
 How about a table saw 😁

No comments:

Post a Comment