Work on Dometic J Series vacuum pump\piston - air leak - 2022

 Today (11-3-2022) I took out the VacuFlush  J Series vacuum tank pump and piston for service and to find the air leak. The other day I put in new duck bills and O-rings and some new plastic fittings, but it did no solve the air leak. Today after removing the pump and disassembling the housing of the piston etc I did not see anywhere it was leaking. 
Follow us on Facebook!
November 2022 - s/v Elegant'sea is currently in Paradise Village Marina in Banderas Bay Mexico (by Puerto Vallarta)
 
 I put in new O-rings and clamps and swapped out the piston. Reinstalled it and it works worse than before which was not good. I think I may have put in an extra O-ring? After it not working so good, I looked at the schematic an it shows two O-rings, I think I put in three. To be fair I took out three, and it seems logical that there would be an O-ring on top of the piston, but no. If not, then I must have added it sometime ago. So anyway, tomorrow I need to take it all apart again and check for two or three O-rings. If that does not fix it then it is time to remove the whole J tank and then the cover, bummer. By the way of course the J Series tank is way under the bed, a bit hard to get at and to remove parts...a bigger boat?

1 comment:

  1. One way you might try in finding that air leak is using soapy water. Brush a little soapy water on every connection and part and watch for bubbles, and if you see the water bubble that is the leak.

    ReplyDelete