Crack in VacuFlush 5149 toilet base - fixed - 2022

Our leak is not with our J Series Vacuum Tank (Dometic Sealand J Series Vacuum Generator) anymore. While fixing that I replaced the hose from the VacuFlush 5149 series toilet to the vacuum tank. I think the base of the toilet cracked while I was replacing the hose.November 2022 - s/v Elegant'sea is currently in Paradise Village Marina in Banderas Bay Mexico (by Puerto Vallarta)

The hose and toilet are about 12 years old. It does get a lot of use and in adverse conditions like healing over and in rough seas etc. Now of course that section of hose is new now but now we need to find a new base. I might try gluing the crack for now. It is still usable but is more work on the pump and means more battery use at anchor.


We had Luis our engine mechanic remove the base and silicone the crack and reinstall it. It now works great. I then replace the water pump on the toilet because it was leaking. All is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment