Cockpit teak refurbishment etc -2020

We decided that after five months of anchoring it was time to really clean up the cockpit and do some teak varnishing etc. We spend a lot of time in the cockpit and it is a really nice comfortable space to be in.. 
May 2020 - We are in Marina Puerto de la Navidad (Barra Marina) in Bahia de Navidad, Mexico
 I took out the teak floorboards, washed them and put a coat of  Teak Wonder on them. Then stored them up on deck while I varnished around the binnacle.
 A couple weeks later, just before we put the teak floorboards back in, I put on another coat of Teak Wonder.
 Used a rag of sorts to put on the Teak Wonder.
Looks good, huh?
I varnished the cap rail above the stern steps but it did not come out to my liking. We are sailing North so I will re-varnish it once we get settled up North in Puerto Vallarta.
 This teak ring also did did not come out the way I wanted so I left the blue tape on as it is time consuming to retape this. It will get a coat or two more later. Like on the steps cap rail it got some crinckling that will need to be sanded out once the varnish cures, a couple weeks.
 Cleaned and slightly compounded the gelcoat around the cockpit and polished it with Big White - White Shark compound and polish.
All areas got this same treatment.  
It's all cleaned and polished for a beautiful look!

No comments:

Post a Comment